SAFe Agile Software Engineering
- Contact us for pricing
The discipline of software engineering has evolved over the past decade with the introduction
of Lean-Agile and DevOps principles and practices. New skills and approaches to software engineering help organisations deliver software-centric solutions faster, more predictably, and with higher quality.
The SAFe Agile Software Engineering three-day, workshop-oriented course, covers the foundational principles and practices that make up the Agile Software Engineering discipline and the skills needed to enable technical agility for the Lean enterprise.
Participants learn how Lean-Agile principles are driving changes including continuous flow of value delivery, fast feedback on decisions, and building quality in. We will connect these principles to modern development practices including XP technical practices, Behavioural-Driven Development (BDD), Test-Driven Development (TDD), and applying the Agile Testing Quadrant.
We look at the practices that build quality into code (abstraction, encapsulation, intentional programming) and designs (SOLID, Design patterns). Attendees will also understand how Software Engineering fits into the larger solution context and their role in collaborating on intentional architecture and DevOps.
Attending the class prepares individuals to take the exam and become a certified SAFe® Agile Software Engineer (ASE).
- Learning Objectives:
- Discuss Agile Software Engineering and the underlying values, principles, and practices
- Apply the Test-First principle to create alignment between tests and requirements
- Utilise the test infrastructure and create tests with Behaviour-Driven Development (BDD)
- Use Agile modelling to aid communication
- Build applications with code and design quality
- Collaborate on intentional architecture and emergent design
- Create a Minimum Marketable Feature (MMF)
- Create an Agile software engineering plan
- Course Outline:
DAY ONE DAY TWO DAY THREE Introducing the Course Thinking Test First Building Systems with Code Quality Connecting Principles and Practices to Built-In Quality Discovering Story Details Building Systems with Design Quality Accelerating Flow Creating a Shared Understanding with BDD Implementing with Quality Applying Intentional Architecture Communicating with Models Course in Review
- You'll also receive:
- Trainers with real world SAFe® implementation experience
- Printed course workbook
- A voucher to complete the Scaled Agile SAFe® 4 Advanced Software Engineering (ASE) certification exam
- One year membership to the Scaled Agile Community
- Applicants may be able to apply to the Project Management Institute (PMI) PDU credit: 20 PDUS