SAFe Product Owner / Product Manager
- Contact us for pricing
Product Owners and Product Managers are at the epicentre of enterprise transformations. Their performance and knowledge of the Scaled Agile Framework® makes all the difference when it comes to delivering on the promise of value that is achievable through adopting SAFe®.
The SAFe Product Owner / Product Manager course is for anyone responsible for maximising value in large and complex environments. Gain an understanding of the Agile Release Train (ART), how it delivers value, and the skills and behaviours needed to guide the delivery of value in a Lean enterprise.
In this two day course participants will learn the activities, tools and mechanics used to manage team, program and portfolio level backlogs. We'll apply Lean thinking to write Epics, break them down into Features and Stories, plan and execute iterations and plan Program Increments.
We learn about the Continuous Delivery Pipeline and DevOps culture, how to effectively integrate as Product Owners and Product Managers, and what it takes to relentlessly improve.
Participants will have an opportunity to reflect on the attributes that will lead to success and understand how to engage with typical stakeholders found in a large organisations.
Attendance at this course will ensure participants are ready to certify as a Scaled Agile SAFe Product Owner / Product Manager.
- Learning Objectives:
- Describe how to apply SAFe in the Lean-Agile enterprise
- Connect the SAFe Lean-Agile mindset, principles and values to the PO / PM roles
- Understand how to collaborate with Lean Portfolio Management
- Explore value delivery through Program Increment Planning and execution
- Align planning across the organisation to identify dependancies early
- Course Outline:
DAY ONE DAY TWO Applying SAFe in the Lean Enterprise Executing the Program Increment Relating a Lean-Agile Mindset to the PO/PM Roles Defining the PO/PM Roles and Responsibilities Collaborating with Lean Portfolio Management Create a PO/PM Action Plan Continuously Exploring Customer Needs
- You'll also receive:
- Trainers with real world SAFe implementation experience
- Printed course workbook
- A voucher to complete the SAFe Product Owner/Product Manager (POPM) certification exam
- One year membership to the Scaled Agile Community
- Project Management Institute (PMI): 15 PDU credits