- $4395 inc GST
During the four day Implementing SAFe® course, you'll learn how to lead a Lean-Agile transformation by leveraging the practices and principles of the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®).
Delivered by Gillian and James Halprin, both with years of experience driving agile adoptions leveraging SAFe, they'll share good practice and anti-patterns they have observed. You'll gain insights and practice how to effectively coach programs, launch Agile Release Trains, build a continuous delivery pipeline and empower a Lean Portfolio.
The first 2 days of this course will take you through the Leading SAFe® course to provide you with a solid understanding of the Scaled Agile Framework so you're able educate others. Days 3 and 4 focus exclusively on what it takes to successfully implement SAFe in the enterprise.
This course is suitable for all stakeholders in a Lean-Agile transformation using SAFe regardless of their experience. It goes without saying that the more people in the organisation who are trained to this level, the more successful the transformation. Most organisations benefit from having representatives from the executive team, the Program Management Office (PMO), and leaders and managers from both the Business and Technology. This ensures you have the internal capability to lead the adoption and train others.
We'll be upfront about it - although attending this class will give you the information you need to certify as a SAFe® 4 Program Consultant (SPC), you will need to study for the exam!
- Learning Objectives:
- Interpret the basic constructs of SAFe and the steps of the Implementation Roadmap
- Apply the values and principles of a Lean-Agile Mindset
- Support a Lean-Agile transformation using SAFe in your enterprise
- Create, build and manage a Lean-Agile portfolio
- Perform Value Stream analysis and identification
- Launch and support Agile Release Trains, and coordinate Large Solutions
- Conceptualise how to build and execute a SAFe implementation rollout strategy that's configured for any context
- Lead a Lean-Agile change within your organisation and align your organisation to a common language and new ways of working
- Leverage SAFe to improve employee engagement, productivity, time to market and quality
- Course Outline:
Leading SAFe Days 1-2
We go through the Leading SAFe course content in depth to enable you to train others. You'll learn the art of storytelling, benefiting from the collective wisdom in the room, and be prepared to run the Leading SAFe exercises and activities.
DAY ONE DAY TWO Introducing the Scaled Agile Framework Exploring, Executing and Releasing Value Embracing a Lean-Agile Mindset Leading the Lean-Agile Enterprise Understanding SAFe Principles Empowering a Lean Portfolio Experiencing Program Increment (PI) Planning Building Large Solutions
Implementing SAFe Days 3-4
This session will prepare you for leading a Lean-Agile adoption within your specific context.
DAY THREE DAY FOUR Reaching the SAFe Tipping Point Extending the Portfolio Designing the Implementation Sustaining and Improving Launching an ART Becoming a SAFe 4 Program Consultant (SPC) Coaching ART Execution
- You'll also receive:
- Trainers with real world SAFe implementation experience
- Printed course workbook
- A voucher to complete the Scaled Agile SAFe 4 Program Consultant (SPC) certification exam
- Eligibility to train others in SAFe on the successful passing of the exam
- Membership to the Scaled Agile Community and access to the SAFe Courseware for use in your organisation
- A deck of Planning Poker Cards
- Project Management Institute (PMI) PDU credit: 30 PDUs