- $1320 inc GST
We’ve all spent copious amounts of time, energy and money building products for customers that either didn’t solve their problems, they didn't use, or they didn’t even want in the first place!
Whether you're a product owner, business analyst or any subject matter expert responsible for bringing products to life – this is the course for you.
Learn how to build the right solution, for the right customer at the right time.
Elabor8’s Product Ownership course teaches key Agile concepts and techniques to help you identify and maximise the value of your products. You'll learn to move from prioritising work based on people’s opinions and personal agendas, to ensuring everything you’re working on, across all levels of the organisation, is delivering value to our customer and aligns to your company vision.
You'll how to harness agile values and behaviours to explore complex problems, understand and empathise with your customers and effectively build products but still be able to respond to changing markets. Using a work relevant simulation, you'll apply theory to activities with a constant focus on the customer, collaboration, delivering value, and continuous improvement. You'll leave the course with a toolkit to help you connect with your customers and business stakeholders to build amazing products.
NOTE: There are no pre-requisites for this course, but participants would benefit from having attended an Agile Fundamentals course, or experience working in an Agile environment.
- Learning Objectives:
- Develop adaptable thinking and communication styles to work more effectively with a range of stakeholders
- Use modelling approaches to understand system behaviour
- Develop a toolkit to understand and empathise with your customers
- Identify the amount of business value analysis required at the different levels of the organisation
- Experience creating pitches, roadmaps and release plans
- Use different methods to order work, and collaborate to progressively elaborate stories
- Course Outline:
DAY ONE DAY TWO Move to a product culture Create your roadmap Developing shared understanding Plan your release Explore and validate ideas Manage your backlog
- You'll also receive:
- ICAgile Professional in Business Value Analysis Certification (ICP-BVA)
- Electronic copy of the course materials
- Elabor8 Notebook
- Project Management Institute (PMI) PDU credit: 16 PDUs
Within 20 minutes of being in the office today I’d already sold our Program Manager on rolling CD3 into our prioritisation of all things (it might take us a while longer to figure out how exactly), and had a good chat with our CEO about both the cost of delay & how we currently measure “success” of our projects, and about planning around value rather than focusing too much on big waterfall projects. I came for inspiration, and I found it. Thanks Sarah, Steph & all the crew that helped bring the course together behind the scenes. Next step, new story maps to help us decide as a team on the MVP for a new target customer to determine what on our roadmap we really need to focus on for our next release. I hope it’s not too long before I have the pleasure of picking your brains again!