Product Ownership - Live Online
- $960 + GST
We’ve all spent copious amounts of time, energy and money building products for customers that either didn’t solve their problems, they didn't use, or they didn’t even want in the first place!
Whether you're a product owner, business analyst or any subject matter expert responsible for bringing products to life – this is the course for you.
Learn how to build the right solution, for the right customer at the right time.
Elabor8’s Product Ownership course teaches key Agile concepts and techniques to help you identify and maximise the value of your products. You'll learn to move from prioritising work based on people’s opinions and personal agendas, to ensuring everything you’re working on, across all levels of the organisation, is delivering value to our customer and aligns to your company vision.
You'll how to harness agile values and behaviours to explore complex problems, understand and empathise with your customers and effectively build products but still be able to respond to changing markets. Using a work relevant simulation, you'll apply theory to activities with a constant focus on the customer, collaboration, delivering value, and continuous improvement. You'll leave the course with a toolkit to help you connect with your customers and business stakeholders to build amazing products.
NOTE: There are no pre-requisites for this course, but participants would benefit from having attended an Agile Fundamentals course, or experience working in an Agile environment.
- Learning Objectives:
- Explain the three mindsets of Product Development using Design Thinking (Exploring the problem), Lean (Build the right things) and Agile (Build the thing right).
- Use techniques from Double Diamonds to Story Mapping and how to apply them.
- Discuss what a Product Culture is and the difference between Product Management, Owner and Marketer.
- Use Design thinking, Empathy Mapping, HMW and more to generate customer insights.
- Demonstrate the importance of riskiest assumption tests, prototypes and storyboards for rapid insights.
- Do Hypothesis validation, Story Mapping and Metrics to build out your MVP.
- Apply visualising your stakeholders, prioritising your work and delivering iteratively, not incrementally.
- Course Outline:
DAY ONE DAY TWO DAY THREE Introduction to Product Ownership Explore and validate ideas Expanding your Product Generating customer insights
Finding Product Market Fit
- You'll also receive:
- ICAgile Professional in Business Value Analysis Certification (ICP-BVA)
- Electronic copy of the course materials
- Elabor8 Notebook
- Project Management Institute (PMI) PDU credit: 16 PDUs
15 Apr - 17 Apr