remote:af Accredited Guide
- $2100 + GST
This course runs over 2 weeks: 23-25 March and 29-31 March - 9am to 1pm
Early Bird Special Price - 10% off - Pay just $1,890 + GST if you book 30 days before course start | Discount applied at checkout
The remote:af Guides course will enable you to support any organisation around the world in navigating the challenges of remote, hybrid and distributed working. The Remote Agility Framework (R:AF) was developed to help individuals and teams evolve highly effective working practices and navigate a future where remote working is the new normal. Founded on decades of experience, R:AF provides modular context-driven tools that can be applied to any organisation.
People attending will learn the key practices involved in establishing and leading teams of teams: how to establish working agreements that cater for individuals and working in different workspaces, how to use digital tools effectively to integrate within and between teams, align and plan at scale no matter where your team is based.
This is an immersive, hands-on course delivered by trainers who have years of experience across business, operations and IT.
Participants apply theory to activities throughout the course with a constant focus on the customer, collaboration, delivering value, learning and continuous improvement. We appreciate that adopting remote working can involve unlearning for individuals.
We show great empathy throughout the course taking a very pragmatic, non-prescriptive approach to adoption where teams can shape what their way of working looks like to them and implement immediate change post the course.
The course has been designed with remote:af practices and principles front of mind, to maximise the value of remote events and training by communicating and collaborating asynchronously and synchronously using best of breed tooling and emerging remote working practices.
We will be using the screen time as effectively as possible to get the benefits out of key discussions and collaboration between people attending the course so that people can share their experiences and anecdotes.
- Experience in team leadership.
- Experience with modern working practices such as Agile or Lean.
- Learning Objectives:
- Apply the principles to craft successful remote, hybrid and distributed organisations.
- Identify and launch the three team types: Mission, Product and Operations Teams.
- Leadership modes required to enable each team type to be successful.
- How to create team agreements that unlock the potential of remote working.
- How to approach difficult leadership conversations in a remote context.
- How to launch Teams of Teams, including designing communication channels.
- How to decompose strategy and work to Teams of Teams.
- How to evolve each team type as needs change over time.
- Topics covered:
- The benefits and challenges of remote working.
- Explore the Remote Agility Framework.
- Compare and contrast R:AF team archetypes; Mission, Product and Operation teams.
- Immersive exploration of the R:AF team archetypes.
- Leverage the principles to guide your adopting of remote ways of working.
- Understand how to use the R:AF tools and techniques.
- Launching remote teams.
- Launching remote teams of teams.
- Facilitating large scale planning in a remote and distributed environment.
- Decomposing strategy to remote and hybrid teams.
- You'll also receive:
- First year Accreditation as a R:AF Guide.
- R:AF Guide digital badge.
- Access to R:AF Guides community space.
- Digital templates of R:AF tools to support remote facilitation.
22 Mar - 31 Mar
(9am - 1pm AEST)