Cynefin™ Practitioner Foundations
- $1800 + GST
In today’s increasingly volatile and uncertain world, there is a need for more effective ways of making sense of situations and managing in new and rapidly shifting contexts. Our past practices and approaches are failing us and what had worked reliably during more stable times is unfortunately proving inadequate for the dynamic present. This course introduces new practices and approaches that effectively integrate agility, resilience, and innovation in organisations for managing under conditions of uncertainty.
Through this in-person session, you will develop hands-on experience in thinking through Cynefin™ applications.
This Cynefin™ Practitioner Foundations course will provide attendees with the opportunity to learn about the application of the Cynefin™ framework, and how to put foundational Cognitive Edge facilitation methods to practice in organisations. You will experience workshop methods facilitated by practitioner instructors experienced in harnessing the ideas and activities covered in Cognitive Edge's Online Cynefin™ Foundations training. This 2-day course is a complement and accompaniment to the online course – providing a blended learning experience.
Access to Cognitive Edge's online Cynefin™ Foundations course is included with your fee to this course adding to your learning opportunity.
- Learning Objectives:
- Discuss complexity thinking and articulate what the Cynefin framework is and how it can be applied
- Describe the Cynefin framework and the five domains including the different management approaches and why they are effective
- You'll be able to describe enabling, governing, rigid and absence of constraints and how they relate to Cynefin
- Learn how to explore context and the impact of moving between the domains of the Cynefin framework
- Practice generating a portfolio of safe to fail probes
- Application of sense making at a strategic and tactical level
- Describe the Liminal states of the Cynefin Framework and how these can be applied to your context
- Topics covered:
- Explore complexity
- Managing complexity
- Use 4-points contextualisation
- Experience the Cynefin Framework
- Cynefin deep dive
- Portfolio of safe to fail probes
- The Future Backwards
- Liminal Cynefin
- You'll also receive:
- Trainers with real world experience
- Small class sizes
- Access to a range of Cognitive Edge techniques and templates
- Project Management Institute (PMI): 16 PDU credits
- Registered for Cognitive Edge Cynefin Foundations Online Training valued at $700