Professional Scrum Master
- $1200 + GST
The Scrum Framework provides a lightweight yet powerful approach to developing great products. Scrum Masters are the people who help teams and organisations increase their effectiveness within the framework. In the Professional Scrum Master course you'll learn how to launch, lead, and develop agile delivery teams using Scrum.
This two-day course is a combination of instruction and team based exercises. It has been designed to challenge how you to think in terms of the Scrum principles, develop a deeper appreciation of product development with Scrum, and learn how you, as a PSM, can help self-organising teams perform at their best. You'll also learn advanced tools for servant-leadership relating to behavioural shifts, working with people and teams, coaching and facilitation techniques, and addressing the organisation.
Elabor8 partners with Scrum.org as they provide the highest quality Scrum courses. The courses are created and maintained by Scrum co-creator Ken Schwaber, Scrum.org and the community of Professional Scrum Trainers who teach the courses, ensuring they are in tune with what’s happening globally in software development organisations and always up-to-date with the latest practices.
- Learning Objectives:
- Explain the fundamentals of Scrum and how it's designed to tackle complex product development
- Develop mastery of the the Scrum Framework
- Introduce Scrum to your organisation, or increase it's effectiveness if already underway
- Identify ways to support a team and organisation to continually improve
- Discover how to plan delivery whilst accommodating change within the flexible context of Scrum
- Topics covered:
- Why do Scrum? Theory and First Principles
- The Scrum Framework
- 'Done' work and Quality in Scrum
- Delivering Products with Scrum
- Working with People and Teams
- The Scrum Master
- You'll also receive:
- Trainers with real world Scrum and Product Owner experience
- Voucher to complete the Professional Scrum Master (PSM I) Certification Exam
- A discount to complete the PSM II Certification Exam
- Electronic copy of the course materials
- Elabor8 Notebook
- Membership to the Scrum.org Community
- Project Management Institute (PMI) PDU credit: 14 PDUs
The PSM course run by Elabor8 was excellent. A great cross-section of participants from different industries and a really engaging facilitation style by Erwin Van Der Koogh and the Elabor8 team. I was able to validate my practical experience throughout the 2 days but also picked up so much more knowledge and practical advice on the application of Scrum in the workplace. I would highly recommend the course to others who are looking to develop in or move into Scrum Master roles and wanting to prepare themselves well for their PSM certification
Elabor8’s training courses are an excellent balance between theory and practice – providing a solid understanding of Scrum with a strong focus on how it applies in the real world, with practical examples and discussions around specific scenarios. One benefit was the new insights, tools and language that were useful the next day in the office and continue to be today. Highly recommended.
I enjoyed the fact that the course was not focused on memorising slides of information, but rather relevant discussion. Erwin was great at relating course content back to real-life examples from his previous industry experience in other large financial institutions. The course not only taught us about Agile (Scrum), but also how the role of the Scrum Master works together with the rest of the team. We learnt about the change in mind-set that organisations like NAB will require to fully adopt Agile.