Agile Fundamentals for Business Teams
- Contact us for pricing
Business teams that adopt an agile mindset focus on transparency, collaboration and trust. The result is a more responsive team able to identify market changes, respond quickly to those changes, and lead change in a productive and cost effective way without compromising quality.
However, what works for software development doesn't necessarily work for business as usual teams or teams with shifting priorities. Trying to squeeze the business round peg into the software development agile square hole, is simply not going to work.
If you're looking for lecture based training then this is not the course for you!
Elabor8's Agile Fundamentals for Business Teams course has been designed to provide individuals and teams with the knowledge and skills to transition from traditional plan-driven methodologies to change-driven methodologies using agile principles and tools.
This course starts with the WHY of agile, teaching the agile mindset and how this is of benefit to your customers and business. It then moves to HOW, looking at the frameworks, tools and techniques that individuals need to be productive members of a business team that's adopting agile ways of working.
This is an immersive, hands-on course delivered by trainers who have experience across business and IT. Participants apply theory to activities throughout the course with a constant focus on the customer, collaboration, delivering value, learning and continuous improvement.
- Learning Objectives:
- Explain agile ways of working and how you can deliver value to your customer and business faster
- Discuss the difference between 'doing' and 'being' agile
- Play your part to build your team to one of high performance
- Develop a toolkit for implementing agile ways of working
- Visualise and manage your workflow using Kanban
- Understand software development agile team roles and practices
- Course Outline:
Why we need to change how we're currently working
Intro to Kanban: through a fun game!
Agile 101: the mindset, values and principles
Kanban Methodology: principles, practices and board creation
Participating in High Performing Teams
Intro to Scrum: the most used software development framework
Build your Agile Toolkit: understand your customer and prioritise work
- You'll also receive:
- Electronic copy of the course materials
- Elabor8 Notebook
- Deck of Planning Poker Cards
- Project Management Institute (PMI) PDU credit: 16 PDUs