ICAgile Presents Training from the Back of the Room
- Contact us for pricing
Drawing on Sharon Bowman’s best-selling books 'Training from the BACK of the Room!' and 'Using Brain Science to Make Training Stick', this two-day course explores how the human brain really learns, which is very different from traditional assumptions about learning.
Training from the Back of the Room (TBR) is the favourite train-the-trainer resource of Scrum and Agile coaches and trainers around the world. Find out more about Training from the Back of the Room and how it has been applied to agile training here.
To hear what past TBR participants have said about the class and what they learned, listen to the short interesting podcast 'Training from the BACK of the Room Podcast' Contributed by Vic Bonacci
- Learning Objectives:
- Apply 'The Six Trumps' in your course designs
- Make proficient use of the 4C's model
- Increase attention, retention and engagement of learners with activities that engage the whole brain
- Choose purposefully from your toolkit of adaptable activities the ones that are the perfect match to your context
- Raise the bar and foster higher standards for instruction in your workplace
- Course Outline:
Content-independent, brain-based interactive strategies: You'll be able to use them right away with any topic and any curriculum - even the most technical, dry, or boring subjects.
Learning activities: All the learning activities that you’ll collect during the course are 1- to 5-minutes in length, which means that they’re really easy to insert into any class, even the content-heavy ones.
Brain-science principles: You’ll experience everything you’ll be learning about, including all the brain science principles that make learner-centred, brain-based instruction so successful and exciting.
How to design your own classes: You’ll design one of your own classes or training programs, using your own topic, your trainer’s toolkit strategies, and the instructional design model called 'The 4Cs Map.' And you’ll receive peer feedback to help you polish what you’ve designed.
Resources: innovative and interactive ways to use PowerPoint, fun learning aids; and dozens of other digital resources to enhance your own teaching and training skills.
- You'll also receive:
- Printed course workbook
- 'Training from the BACK of the Room!' book by Sharon Bowman
- 'Using Science to make Training Stick' book by Sharon Bowman